The risk of your patient dropping out increases over the age of 40
Myopes make up 85% and hyperopes make up the other 15% of the spherical soft contact lens population1. However, the trend for presbyopic multifocal contact lens fittings is to fit mostly high ADD myopes and hyperopes, a smaller proportion of the presbyopic contact lens wearing population—a huge part of the presbyopic vision—corrected population is not proactively being prescribed multifocal contact lenses!.
What happens to these myopes as they become presbyopic?
Unfortunately, many myopes discontinue contact lens wear—often before they’re ready. Eye care professionals are the key to identifying these patients, providing a contact lens option, and setting them up for early success.
1 Data on file. Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, 2009.
2 2008 Gallup study of the consumer contact lens market.
3 Data on file. Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, 2008.