Johnson & Johnson Vision*, a global leader in eye health and part of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies**, today announced the launch of the ACUVUE® 21 Day Challenge, a new breakthrough behaviour change programme designed to enhance new patients’ experience with contact lenses from the first fit to successful ongoing use.
Starting from the moment patients sign up for a contact lens trial, the ACUVUE® 21 Day Challenge delivers a range of content and tips direct to their inbox over a three-week period, guiding them from the comfort of their own home and where they may need a little extra support to get started.
“We are very excited to be launching the ACUVUE® 21 Day Challenge,” said Jakob Sveen, Managing Director Northern Europe and General Manager UK & Ireland, Johnson & Johnson Vision. “The purpose of the programme is to extend the positive experience patients have with their optician by providing support after they leave the practice, improving the likelihood that they build confidence in contact lenses and complete their trial. For eye care practitioners, the hope is that we help reduce patient drop-outs and build long-term loyalty.”
The ACUVUE® 21 Day Challenge was inspired in part by the concept that it takes time to form a new habit.
ACUVUE® Brand Ambassador Katarina Johnson-Thompson, World Champion Heptathlete agrees: “For me, the key thing to success for most things in life is the combination of motivation, perseverance and support. That’s the great thing about the ACUVUE® 21 Day Challenge. Participants will have help and guidance throughout the first 21 days, and access to top tips when you need them.”
Patients can sign up for the 21 Day Challenge on the ACUVUE® website when they start a new trial with ACUVUE® brand contact lenses. By signing up for the Challenge, patients can also enter for a chance to win a year’s supply of free contact lenses.****
Johnson & Johnson Vision is launching the ACUVUE® 21 Day Challenge with eye care practitioners throughout the UK as practices expand their services and patient appointments, in line with UK regulatory guidance. A range of resources have been developed to help bring the programme to life in practice, including a digital toolkit and e-learning training modules for staff.
To find out more about the ACUVUE® 21 Day Challenge, visit www.jnjvisioncare.co.uk/21-day-challenge.
*Johnson & Johnson Vision represents the products and services of Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision, Inc., Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc., and the affiliates of both.
**The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies comprise the surgery, orthopaedics, vision, and interventional solutions businesses within Johnson & Johnson’s Medical Devices segment.
**** 1. Open to UK, ROI, CI and IoM residents 18 and over with vision correction requirements and who have a current prescription showing they are suitable for ACUVUE® contact lenses.
- The promotion runs from 01/05/2021 to 31/12/2021.
- To participate, an entrant must:
- Have a contact lens consultation with an Eye Care Professional;
- Be prescribed ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. Fitting fees and other professional fees may apply. Ask your Eye Care Professional for more details;
- Buy their first box of ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses; and
- Go online to www.acuvue.co.uk/win-contact-lenses, complete the online form including the proof of purchase (proof of purchase must be from an eligible country - United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man - and display product details, value and date of purchase which must be after the promotional start date) and their personal details (name, last name, email, phone number, preferred ECP), correctly answer a skill question and submit the entry before 12:00:00 (noon) on the last day of each month.
- Only one entry per person.
- Prize: 12 months’ supply of lenses for daily wear (eg 365 pairs x daily disposables, 26 pairs x fortnightly etc).
- For full terms and conditions see: www.acuvue.co.uk/win-contact-lenses/terms-and-conditions
- Promoter: Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd, Pinewood Campus, Nine Mile Ride, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG40 3EW, UK
ACUVUE® is a trademark of Johnson & Johnson. © Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd 2021