Key features and benefits of 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST Contact Lenses
DUAL-ACTION technology that helps keep moisture in and irritation out to support dry eyes1-6
MOISTURE IN unique LACREON® technology
- Creates a long-lasting cushion of moisture from the lens core to the lens surface that doesn’t blink away over time1-3
IRRITATION OUT† Proven etafilcon A material — the untold story:
- Low modulus that allows it to conform comfortably to the eye4
- Etafilcon A attracts and helps maintain lysozyme in its natural state more than other lens materials and has been shown in vitro to maintain low levels of inflammatory biomarkers5,6†
INFINITY EDGE™ DESIGN
- Fits the contour of the eye seamlessly for extra comfort8
High UV blocking*
- 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST Contact Lenses provides Class 2 UV protection, which blocks 98.8% UVB and 85.1% UVA rays*, helping to protect your patients' eyes against harmful UV radiation all year round
The freedom and comfort of fresh, new contact lenses every day
- Daily disposables are the healthiest way to wear contact lenses9
- Ideal for allergy sufferers10
*All ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses have Class 1 or Class 2 UV-blocking to help provide protection against transmission of harmful UV radiation to the cornea and into the eye. UV-absorbing contact lenses are NOT substitutes for protective UV-absorbing eyewear such as UV-absorbing goggles or sunglasses because they do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area. UV transmission measured with -1.00D lens.
† Based on in vitro data; clinical studies have not been done directly linking differences in lysozyme profile with specific clinical benefits.
Packing solution contains boric acid and disodium tetraborate (sodium borate) to control the pH of the solution.
1. Sheardown H et al. Chemical characterization of 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST® and 1-DAY ACUVUE® contact lenses. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci, 2006;47: E-Abstract 2388.
2. JJVC Data on file 2005 and 2007.
3. JJVC Data on file 2009. Post-hoc analysis October 2009. Among adults aged 25-34 (n=71) P<0.05. With 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST®, 1% of patients experience frequent eye irritation, 14% of wearers occasionally experience eye irritation while 83% seldom or never experienced eye irritation.
4. JJVC Data on file 2011.
5. JJVC Data on file 2014. Data generated in collaboration with the Centre for Contact Lens Research (CCLR) in Waterloo, Canada. Based on in vitro data; clinical studies have not been done directly linking differences in lysozyme profile with specific clinical benefits.
6. Suwala M et al. Quantity and conformation of lysozyme deposited on conventional and silicone hydrogel contact lens materials using an in vitro model. Eye Contact Lens 2007;33:138–143.
7. Moezzi A et al. Open-eye corneal swelling with etafilcon A daily disposable hydrogel contact lens compared to no lens wear. Paper presentation at British Contact Lens Association Clinical Conference 2014.
8. Data on file JJVC 2013.
9. Chalmers RL, Hickson-Curran SB, Keay L, Gleason WJ, Albright R. Rates of adverse events with hydrogel and silicone hydrogel daily disposable lenses in a large post market surveillance registry: the TEMPO registry. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2015;56:654–663. DOI:10.1167/ iovs.14-15582.
10. Hayes V et al. An evaluation of 1-day disposable contact lens wear in a population of allergy sufferers. CLAE. 2003;26(2):85–93.