The right contact lens solution can help improve your patients' lens wear experience...
But many options require compromise
A tried and tested combination
you and your patients can rely on1-3
Offering a compatible lens solution can impact your patients' lens wear experience and plays an important role in their care1-3
COMPLETE RevitaLens® Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution is clinically shown to help deliver comfort, even at the end of a 16+ hour day4
90% of patients agree:
COMPLETE RevitaLens® was effective in keeping their contact lenses feeling comfortable*5
COMPLETE RevitaLens® MPDS killed all the Acanthamoeba trophozoites and all their cell walls were ruptured**8
6 hours live-cell imaging of Acanthamoeba castellanii trophozoites
Opti-Free® PureMoist MPDS
Opti-Free® RepleniSH® MPDS
- Dead – ruptured cell wall
- Dead – intact cell wall
- Broad-spectrum disinfection against FDA/ISO standard-panel microorganisms, comparable to peroxide systems6
- Provides sustained lens disinfection in the lens case – even after partial evaporation7
- Provides greater than 99.9% kill-rate against both forms of Acanthamoeba – greater than other widely used brands8,9
1. JJV data on file 2016; CR-5230. Multi-center, randomized clinical trial for 2-weeks DW with 4 solutions and 3 CL materials (senofilcon A, etafilcon A & galyfilcon A). N=203 habitual soft CL wearers in US, Canada and UK.
2. JJV data on file 2017; CR-5871. Multi-center 1-month dispensing daily wear study with senofilcon C toric CLs with RevitalensOcuTec® MPDS, worn for 30 days. N=130 habitual soft toric CL wearers in US.
3. JJV data on file. 2012 to 2015. Laboratory evaluations with RevitalensOcuTec® MPDS and reusable CL materials (senofilcon A, senofilcon C, etafilcon A & galyfilcon A).
4. Data on file 2011. AMO clinical study, 6 months DW; n=177 using RevitaLens MPDS; lens wearer comfort assessment.
5. Owen JP. Global RevitaLens Experience and Acceptance Trial (GREAT). Poster presentation Encinitas Optometry, USA, 2012. Multi-centre, open label 1-month ECP-led patient survey with RevitaLens MPDS in USA & Europe, n=2979 SCL wearers.
6. Nikolic M et al. Comparative efficacy of new contact lens care solutions against bacteria, fungi, and Acanthamoeba. Paper presented at: The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) annual meeting; May 5, 2011; Fort Lauderdale, FL.
7. Kilvington S et al. Antimicrobial efficacy of multi-purpose contact lens disinfectant solutions following evaporation. Contact Lens Anterior Eye (2011). doi:10.1016/j.clae2011.02.010.
8. Kolar SS et al. Contact lens care solution killing efficacy against Acanthamoeba castellanii by in vitro testing and live-imaging. Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2015;38(8):442-450.
9. Kilvington S et al. Development of a new contact lens multipurpose solution: Comparative analysis of microbiological, biological and clinical performance. J Optom. 2010;3(3):134-142.
All ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses have UV Blocking to help provide protection against transmission of harmful UV radiation to the cornea and into the eye. UV absorbing contact lenses are NOT substitutes for protective UV absorbing eyewear such as UV absorbing goggles or sunglasses because they do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area. You should continue to use UV absorbing eyewear as directed by your optician.
*In a clinical study with nearly 3000 studied patients; % saying COMPLETE RevitaLens® MPDS was much more/more/somewhat eﬀective in keeping contact lenses feeling comfortable.
**In an in-vitro study between competitive brands and Blink RevitaLens® MPDS, a time-lapse study was developed to accurately document the time course for eradication of Acanthamoeba castellanii trophozoites.The live-cell imaging methodology visually demonstrates the efficacy of each of the contact lens solutions in eradicating Acanthamoeba castellanii trophozoites.
Third-party trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
COMPLETE, COMPLETE RevitaLens® and the COMPLETE logo are trademarks owned by or licensed to Abbott Medical Optics Inc., its subsidiaries or affiliates.
ACUVUE®, ACUVUE® OASYS, ACUVUE® OASYS for ASTIGMATISM and ACUVUE® VITA™ are trademarks of Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd.
© Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. 2018. 22MayUK2892