NEW to the ACUVUE® Family - ACUVUE™ RevitaLens Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution (MPDS)
The right contact lens solution can make a difference in your patients' lens wear experience
ACUVUE™ RevitaLens MPDS disinfects like a peroxide with the simplicity and comfort of a multi-purpose solution. 1-4 With ACUVUE™ RevitaLens MPDS, you can be assured that your patients will experience exceptional disinfection and all-day comfort. 1-5
ACUVUE™ RevitaLens MPDS delivers:
- Broad-spectrum disinfection against FDA/ISO standard-panel microorganisms, comparable to peroxide systems1,2,6
- Greater than 99.9% kill-rate against both forms of Acanthamoeba (in vitro) 2,6
- Lens comfort that lasts all day5
- Tried and tested with leading contact lenses, including ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses7
Recommend ACUVUE™ RevitaLens MPDS to your reusable soft (hydrophilic) contact lens wearers with confidence- especially to those who use the ACUVUE® Brand. 7
About ACUVUE™ RevitaLens MPDS
ACUVUE™ RevitaLens MPDS killed the Acanthamoeba trophozites-delivering peroxide-quality disinfection (in vitro)*4
6 hour live-cell imagining of Acanthamoeba castellanii trophozoites4
*In an in vitro study between competitive brands and ACUVUE™ RevitaLens MPDS, a time-lapse study was developed to accurately document the time course for eradication of Acanthamoeba castellanii trophozoites. The novel live-cell imaging methodology visually demonstrates the efficacy of each of the contact lens solutions in eradicating Acanthamoeba castellanii trophozoites. There is no standardized method of testing the efficacy of lens care solutions against Acanthamoeba.
Protection for Your Patients
ACUVUE™ RevitaLens MPDS provides sustained antimicrobial activity in the lens case—even after partial evaporation.3 And while it is effective at killing germs and bacteria, it is also gentle on the eye. 8-10 Compared with a leading MPDS brand, ACUVUE™ RevitaLens MPDS demonstrated:
- 3x lower rate of solution-induced corneal staining9
- 4x lower incidence of adverse events10
Comfort for Your Patients
ACUVUE™ RevitaLens MPDS delivers the all-day comfort your patients need.5
- 90% of patients agree that ACUVUE™ RevitaLens MPDS was effective in keeping their contact lenses feeling comfortable11
- Nearly 94% of patients found ACUVUE™ RevitaLens MPDS effective in keeping their contact lenses feeling clean11
A tried and tested combination you and your patients can rely on7
Offering a compatible lens solution is an important part of caring for your contact lens patients.7 In clinical studies, the combination of ACUVUE™ RevitaLens MPDS and ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses resulted in:
- All-day comfort5
- Healthy ocular physiology5,9
- Reduced ocular adverse events7,10
ACUVUE™ RevitaLens MPDS is a sterile, buffered aqueous solution with Alexidine 0.00016%, Polyquaternium-1 0.0003%, Boric acid, Sodium borate decahydrate, TETRONIC 904, Edetate disodium (EDTA), Trisodium citrate dihydrate, Sodium chloride and Purified water.
ACUVUE™ RevitaLens Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution cleans, rinses, disinfects, stores, removes surface deposits including lipids and proteins, and re-wets soft (hydrophilic) contact lenses.
1. Heaselgrave W, Lonnen J, Kilvington S. Efficacy of contact lens care solutions against clinical microorganisms. Presented at: 35th BCLA Clinical Conference and Exhibition; May 26-29, 2011; Manchester, UK.
2. Nikolic M, Kilvington S, Brady N, Lam A, Cheung S, Lonnen J. Comparative efficacy of new contact lens care solutions against bacteria, fungi, and Acanthamoeba. Presented at: ARVO 2011; May 1-5, 2011; Fort Lauderdale, FL.
3. Kilvington S, Powell CH, Lam A, Lonnen J. Antimicrobial efficacy of multi-purpose contact lens disinfectant solutions following evaporation. Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2011; 24(4):183-187.
4. Kolar SSN, Manarang JC, Burns AR, Miller WL, McDermott AM, Bergmanson JPG. Contact lens care solution killing efficacy against Acanthamoeba castellanii by in vitro testing and live-imaging. Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2015;38(8):442-450.
5. Berntsen DA, Hickson-Curran SB, Jones LW, Mathew JH, Maldonado-Codina C, Morgan PB, Schulze MM, Nichols JJ. Subjective Comfort and Physiology with Modern Contact Lens Care Products. Optom Vis Sci. 2016 Aug;93(8):809-19. JJV data on file 2017. Multi-center 1-month daily wear study with senofilcon C toric CLs with Revitalens OcuTec(R) worn for 30 days, N=130 habitual soft toric CL wearers in US.
6. Kilvington S, Huang L, Kao E, Powell CH. Development of a new contact lens multipurpose solution: Comparative analysis of microbiological, biological and clinical performance. J Optom. 2010;3(3):134-142.
7. Data on file. Blink RevitaLens® Multipurpose Disinfecting Solution (MPDS) compatibility and clinical performance with reusable ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. Jacksonville, FL.
8. Tilia D, Lazon de la Jara P, Thomas V, Holden B, Willcox M; Brien Holden Vision Institute. Incidence of corneal infiltrative events with a new contact lens disinfecting solution. Presented at: American Academy of Optometry Annual Meeting; October 12-15, 2011; Boston, MA.
9. Tilia D, Lazon de la Jara P, Wang R, Naduvilath T, Willcox M, Holden BA; Brien Holden Vision Institute. Clinical evaluation of a new contact lens solution when used in conjunction with two silicone hydrogel lenses during short term wear. Presented at: 34th BCLA Clinical Conference and Exhibition; May 27-30, 2010; Birmingham, UK.
10. Tarantino N, Kao E. A six-month clinical evaluation of the safety and acceptability of a novel multi-purpose disinfecting solution. Presented at: American Academy of Optometry Annual Meeting; November 17-20, 2010; San Francisco, CA.
11. Owen, JP. Global RevitaLens experience and acceptance trial (GREAT) [ARVO abstract 4720]. Invest Opthlmol Sci. 2012;53(4):13-6954.