- Places on this course will be confirmed only after payment
- This fee will be collected by a member of the delegate support finance team after on-line registration has been completed
- If you have any questions or queries about this fee, please contact Delegate Support at email@example.com or call 01530 410476
- If the Johnson & Johnson Institute has to cancel the programme any fees paid will be refunded.
- Please click here for the course payment and cancellation policy
Patients often present to their optometrist for advice and help with concerns about their eyes. Community based optometry is changing rapidly and the scope of practice of an optometrist is greater than ever. With more clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) contracting minor eye condition (MECs) schemes the role for the optometrist is likely to increase further. This course has been designed to help optometrists who are considering MECs accreditation, or as a refresher for those already accredited, as well as anybody interested in looking to explore independent prescribing as a qualification.
The Johnson & Johnson Institute has developed a unique and comprehensive programme consisting of pre and post course digital learning and attendance at a two-day course to help you become more confident in dealing with this growing demand. The programme has been written in collaboration with optometrists with independent prescribing qualifications who have incorporated acute eye condition management into their practices. This novel course will allow you to learn alongside your peers while being guided by experts in this field.
This innovative programme (pre- and post- course digital based distance learning and a 2 day face to face course) will:
- Lead you through a systematic process of investigating emergency presentations to determine the diagnosis
- Help you understand the mechanisms of infection and inflammation implicated in emergency presentations
- Enable you to detect significant tell-tale signs to help you differentiate between causes of emergency presentations
- Run through a series of workshops to cement and put into practice your newly acquired knowledge
- Help you implement emergency presentation management in your practice
WHAT THE 2 DAY COURSE AT THE STATE-OF-THE-ART FACILITIES OF The Johnson & Johnson Institute INVOLVES:
- A variety of interactive workshops that will take you through a methodical approach to emergency presentation management
- Discussing and sharing best practice through case based discussion workshops
- The opportunity to test your new skills and knowledge in a 'University Challenge' format
- Interaction with peers and experts to learn more and determine how to best implement emergency presentation management in your practice
- Understand the causes and pathophysiology of emergency presentations
- Learn and apply methods to differentially diagnose emergency presentations
- How to select the most appropriate management options for your patients